Dosage Vinification Grape Variety
An exceptional champagne characterized Chardonnay
by its skilful blend of old wines (aged and
vinifed only in oak casks of 34 hectoliters)
and a long aging process in the cellar.
The Cuvée Prestige "Princesse des Thunes" has a bright, satiny and fairly fuid aspect,
yellow and gold in colour with light straw yellow refections and a beautiful shine.
Its frst scent is captivating, a subtle alliance of toasted woodiness with a bouquet of fowers
embodied by notes of jasmine, buttercup, hawthorn, poppy, acacia and meadow daisy. The
aeration of the Champagne adds to its enjoyment, with notes of hot butter, toast, shelled
almonds, and hazelnuts.
The initial efect on the palate is supple and fresh, with a creamy efervescence. The Cuvée
Prestige "Princesse des Thunes" develops a pulpy and full-bodied fruity substance,
underlined by a lemony acidity and feshy fruits. Its mid-palate efect is orchestrated by a
chalky minerality that imparts frankness and an iodine salinity while lingering on the palate
with a fruity and calcareous resonance. The wood maturing process reinforces the power of
the wine by giving it crunchiness and polished tannins. A slight residual roughness merges
with the fruity freshness to ofer a full, rich, sapid and vinous fnish, which is long lasting.
Food | wine pairing
• Roasted blue lobster in brine, white butter,
• Roasted young duck, creamy walnut kernels and plums, buckwheat bound in smoked
• Sirloin of Charolais beef, creamy foie gras and Champagne lentils,
• Roasted venison fllet with juniper, pumpkin, chestnuts and parsley root.
• Hachette Wine Guide 2018-2019,
• Champagne Guide Gault & Millau 2018-2019-2020,
• Dussert-Gerber Wine Guide 2019-2020-2021,
• Bettane & Desseauve Wine Guide 2020,
• The Champagne Guide Tyson Stelzer 2020-2021,
• Tom Stevenson - Christie’s World Encyclopedia of Champagne & Sparkling Wine,
• Richard Juhlin - Champagne Guide et Parfum de Champagne.
Bottle (75 cl).