• Category : Vintage – Grand Cru
• Blending : 100 % Chardonnay (Blanc de Blancs) of the
• Dosage : 8 g/l MCR (Brut)
• Vinification : First racking in January, malolactic fermentation
at 15 °C. 5-year ageing. Separate vinification by plots.
• Eye : The colour is gold silken yellow. Nice effervescence
making a nice string of foam.
• Nose : The nose is dense into a universe of pastries,
freshly baked bread, and croissant with almonds. Then the
expression of maturity comes with notes of candied fruits
(pineapple and yellow fruits) and smoky nuances of fresh
peat, tea, dark rum and tobacco. Complexity worth wines of
blending, the unexpected expression of Chardonnay.
• Palate : The palate offers some nice energy with a broad
aromatic palette. Maturity is present with bergamot tea
and a spicy-fruity dimension onto candied citrus (cinnamon,
clove, orange, yellow lemon and grapefruit). Some touches of
chlorophyll and anise recall the freshness of Chardonnay.
• Descriptors : peat taste, spicy, complex, candied fruits,
powerful, warm, smoky, stewed fruits, gourmet, mature,
• Type : Original, author wine and table wine.
• Tasters : all consumers, oenophiles, sommellerie.
• Tasting occasions : Champagne for meals. Small feathered
game in candied fruits and citrus. Meringue pie with black
tea. Chicken tajine and whole grain saffron rice. Grilled prime
rib of beef. Clementine poached on cake made with pink
ALCOHOL ABUSE IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH, PLEASE CONSUME IN MODERATION
This Vintage Grands Crus signs the uniqueness of an
exceptional year enhanced by the « handmade » know-how
of Michel GENET. An « author » to be rediscovered, from
volume to volume, to follow the work of the Manufacture
over the years.