Dosage Vinification Grape Variety
Faithful to the particular method of vinifcation Chardonnay
in wood of the House Paul Déthune, the
Millésime 2012 is aged and vinifed in oak
casks of 34 hectoliters. It rests in the cellars
of the House for a minimum of 10 years. It is
disgorged 6 months before its frst marketing.
The Millésime 2012 has a luminous and fuid colour, pale yellow gold with deep paleyellow refections tinged with green. Its visual sensation heralds a rich, fresh wine.
The initial impression on the nose is frank and precise, expressing a fruity register
reminiscent of notes of fresh blackcurrant, cherry, blackberry, lemon, toasted almond,
enhanced by peppermint and rocky chalk. Airing the Champagne brings out pleasurable
notes of Carensac liquorice, iodine, vine peach, hazelnut, butter, red apple, raspberry, wild
strawberry, pomegranate, toasted bread and sweet spices.
Initial contact on the palate is supple and fresh, with a creamy efervescence. The Millésime
2012 develops a pulpy and crunchy fruity substance, supported by a lemony and pomelo
acidity with just the right amount of tension. The mid-palate is orchestrated by a chalky
minerality thats imparts frankness and iodine saltiness while lengthening the palate with a
fruity and calcareous resonance. The fusion of fruity and mineral substances is complete,
gratifying with a clear and intense sensation that echoes the concentration and harmony of
this exceptionnal vintage. The balance of the wine allows for a fruity and chalky fnish, whose
sapidity, volume and texture make for a classy and sophiticated tasting experience.
Food | wine pairing
• Potato gnocchi with summer trufes, Bellota pata negra ham shavings and baby salad
• Cod fllet in salted butter in a crumble of faked almonds, seasonal vegetables,
• Spinach salad, lobster tail, avocado, red onion, lemon and sesame oil,
• Twice cooked pork (Hoi Ko Ro) in the Japanese version,
• Duck aiguillettes with porcini mushrooms and mashed sweet potatoes with Madagascar
• Seared duck breast with traditional vegetables and balsamic sauce,
• Beef tenderloin with morel sauce,
• Grenadine of veal cooked at a low temperature, wild mushrooms and aligot (mashed
potatoes with cheese),
• Rack of lamb with rosemary on candied vegetables, basil sauce,
• Aged Cantal entre-deux, tomme de montagne.
4,003 bottles (75 cl)
£ 171,78 IVA 22% incl.
|vine:||80% PINOT NERO; 20% CHARDONNAY|
|place:||AMBONNAY GRAND CRU|