Dosage Vinification Grape Variety
30 to 50% of reserve wines from a period Chardonnay
of 40 diferent years, aged and vinifed in
wood and in oak casks of 34 hectoliters.
The Brut cuvee has a bright, satiny and fairly fuid look, yellow gold in colour with light straw
yellow refections and a beautiful shine.
The frst scent is seductive with a hint of pastries, evoking notes of butter, acacia honey,
toasted almonds, brioche, quince paste, with honeysuckle and buttercup favours. Aeration
of the Champagne adds to its pleasure, with notes of toast, liquorice, blackcurrant, cherry,
jasmine, candied pear, raisin, pomegranate and sweet spices.
The initial efect on the palate is supple and fresh, with a creamy efervescence. The Brut
cuvee develops with a pulpy fruity body, supported by a lemony acidity and pink grapefruit.
The mid-palate efect is orchestrated by a chalky clay minerality which confers openness,
fruity volume, iodized salinity and a long-lasting taste, with a broad scope for tactility. The
wine has a juiciness and dry aspect on the palate, with both delicacy and confdence where
a rich and dashing fruitiness plays a part along with a deep fruitiness with developing
aromas ; these are the prerogatives of reserve wines. The fnely-blended overall taste brings
a gourmet experience, delivering a certain vinosity in line with the slender freshness and
returning aromas of fruitiness and pastries.
Food | wine pairing
• Seared fresh foie gras, parsnip purée and gingerbread crisps,
• Grilled beef tenderloin, spring vegetables and morels in herb butter.
• Hachette Wine Guide 2021,
• Champagne Guide Gault & Millau 2018-2020,
• Bettane & Desseauve Wine Guide 2018-2020,
• The Champagne Guide Tyson Stelzer 2018-2019,
• Tom Stevenson - Christie’s World Encyclopedia of Champagne & Sparkling Wine,
• Richard Juhlin - Champagne Guide et Parfum de Champagne.
Half-bottle (37,5 cl) | Bottle (75 cl) | Magnum (150 cl).
Jeroboam (300 cl) - Mathusalem (600 cl) : Vinifed in the fnal bottle, no decanting. For a
minimum of 5 years.