KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE: EVERY YEAR, A NEW ÉDITION
OF THE FOUNDER’S DREAM
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE 171ÈME ÉDITION
THE 171ST EDITION OF THE MOST GENEROUS EXPRESSION OF CHAMPAGNE
Krug Grande Cuvée is born from the dream of one man, Joseph Krug, to
craft the very best Champagne he could offer, every single year, regardless
of annual variations in climate. Since 1843, the House of Krug has
honoured this vision with each new Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée: the
most generous expression of Champagne.
▪ A light golden colour and fine, vivacious
bubbles, holding a promise of pleasure.
▪ Aromas of flowers in bloom, ripe, dried and
citrus fruits, as well as marzipan and
▪ Grilled notes and flavours of almond paste,
quince, lemon, limoncello and dried fruit.
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE 171ÈME ÉDITION IN ESSENCE:
▪ It is a blend of 131 wines from 12 different years, the youngest of
which is from 2015, while the oldest dates back to 2000.
▪ Its final composition is 45% Pinot Noir, 37% Chardonnay and 18%
▪ A stay of around seven years in Krug’s cellars gives
Krug Grande Cuvée 171ème Édition its distinct expression and
KRUG GRANDE CUVÉE IS UNIQUE:
▪ The art of blending wines from so many different years gives
Krug Grande Cuvée its unique fullness of flavours and aromas,
impossible to express with the wines of just a single year.
▪ The Édition number identifies a specific creation of
Krug Grande Cuvée. It corresponds to the number of years in the
House of Krug the founder’s dream has been re-created.
▪ The full story of every Édition is revealed online via its Krug iD, the
six digits on the back label.
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée, like all Krug Champagnes, will continue to gain
with the passage of time.
FOOD & WINE PAIRING INSPIRATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 171ème Édition lends itself
to a wealth of culinary combinations, from the
simplest to the most sophisticated, from an aged
parmesan to turbot à la truffe.
▪ It can be enjoyed as an aperitif with Jabugo ham
and mature comté or served to accompany
oysters, grilled shrimps, Indian or Moroccan
food, as well as desserts such as carrot cake, tarte
tatin and cheesecake.
Bottle (75 cl)
Discover more about your bottle of Krug with the Krug iD on the Krug app, Twitter or Google.
http://app.krug.com, @krug or krug.com.
THE STORY OF ITS CREATION:
▪ Krug Grande Cuvée 171ème Édition was composed around the
harvest of 2015, a year marked by unprecedented heat and drought
that prevailed from the end of May to mid-August, slowing grape
development. Fortunately, rains and reasonable temperatures in the
second half of August allowed the berries to grow in optimal
conditions. The harvest took place under the rain between August 31
and September 21, with great heterogeneity from plot to plot.
▪ To create this Édition, the Cellar Master looked to accentuate the
year’s elegantly diverse aromatic expressions with a broad spectrum
of different plots’ wines from 11 other years.
▪ In all, reserve wines from the House’s extensive library made up 42%
of the final blend, bringing the breadth and roundness so essential to
each Édition of Krug Grande Cuvée